Position Title: Admin Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director / Manager
Location: NW, Calgary
Nature of Job: Part-Time
Terms of Employment: Contractual Part-Time (Only Female Candidates)
16-32 hours weekly. Schedule to be determined but will include evenings and weekends.
What we Offer: $18- $20/ hr (variable based on experience and expertise)
Additional Benefits: Not Applicable
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Maskan is a transitional shelter home that provides safety. shelter, and support to women and children fleeing from family violence.
Bachelors Degree or Diploma Certificate (Minimum requirement)
Experience & Skills:
- Office administration, coordination, and support.
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations (women and children) would be considered an asset.
- Experience of working in a shelter or any community organization would be preferred.
- Bookkeeping, invoices management, and record-keeping.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) is required.
- Additional skills of Quickbooks would be considered an asset.
- Graphic designing and social media management skills are preferred.
Admin Assistant is responsible for administrative and case support to women and children residing at the shelter and provides additional support for other programs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Respond to crisis calls, and shelter request calls.
- Support to shelter residents (women and children) and relevant documentation in the digital system.
- Inventory management, groceries coordination, property supervision.
- Social media updates and posts.
- Invoices maintenance, bookkeeping, and basic accounting.
How to Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line – “Admin Assistant”.